Guest Post Agreement
This Guest Post Agreement (the “Agreement”) entered into as of ______ (the “Effective Date”),
_________ [GUEST POSTER’S NAME] (the “Guest Poster” or “You” or “Your”), located at ________ [CONTACT INFORMATION OF THE GUEST POSTER SUCH AS EMAIL, WEBSITE NAME]
Throughout the course of this Agreement, the Guest Poster and the Site Owner may each be referred to as a (“Party” or collectively as the “Parties”).
WHEREAS, the Guest Poster wishes to submit a story for publication on Site Owner’s website without any compensation and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the Site Owner’s website and Site Owner’s story submission requirements. Guest Poster can submit one or more stories to the Site Owner and both Parties agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement for all subsequent story submissions.
Guest Post Topics
The GAIL’S STORY Site Owner is looking to publish stories that demonstrate personal growth, lessons learned, triumph over difficult circumstances; but also lighthearted essays that make people smile. In that vein, we are interested in stories about nature, wildlife, and domesticated animals/pets and how they enhance our quality of life. Stories we are not interested in receiving include those about parenting, religion, politics, poetry, and business/money/wealth building. Also no stories about news/current events, unless they affected you personally.
Guest Post Submission Requirements
By submitting a story for review, the Guest Poster agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the Site Owner’s website at www.gailsstory.com and the following story submission requirements:
- Guest Posts must be your original work(s), meaning you wrote them and they CANNOT appear anywhere else in physical or digital form. Guest posts also CANNOT be published anywhere on the Internet including social media platforms. Plagiarism is not permitted and will be closely policed. When quoting others, please cite your sources accordingly. Any content in the story, including all images, must NOT infringe on copyright laws.
- Any images submitted with the story must be directly relevant to the story content. The Guest Poster must own all images or must have the legal rights to use them. Guest Poster must be the copyright owner of the image submitted or those images must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. ONLY the Guest Poster’s visage (i.e., face) is allowed in any image submitted along with their story; because of privacy laws, images that include any other recognizable persons will be prohibited. Guest post images must not violate anyone’s privacy rights. Site Owner in her sole discretion may reject any evidence of ownership as insufficient or inadequate.
- Guest Poster represents and warrants that all content provided for the story is his or her sole property and does not violate the copyright, patent, trademark, right of privacy, or publicity of any person or entity.
- Guest Posts should be between 1500 and 2500 words.
- Guest Posts must be high-quality content that is lawful, nonthreatening, not hateful, profane, vulgar, abusive, or objectionable in any manner to anyone.
- No affiliate links are allowed in the Guest Post except for Site Owner’s affiliate links for the products and/or services they promote, including affiliate links for your products and/or services. All links are subject to Site Owner’s approval.
- Guest Poster may include a link to his or her website or social media platform in the bio at the end of the post. All links to your website must be directly related to the story topic. Always program your links to open in a new tab.
- Guest Poster must ensure that all statements in the story asserted as facts must be true and factually correct based on reasonable research for accuracy.
- Guest Posters will receive credit for writing the story without any compensation. Guest Poster must submit a brief bio statement with the story, and a photo if desired, to receive acknowledgment for writing it. Guest Poster agrees that if the Site Owner has written/rewritten substantial portions of the story, they will be listed as coauthor of the story.
- Guest Posters must submit their story via a Microsoft Word document to email@example.com.
- Once the story is published, Guest Poster agrees that the story will become the sole property of the Site Owner.
- Guest Poster waives the right to inspect or approve the final story or its promotion. Site Owner may contact the Guest Poster to make substantive changes to the post as appropriate.
- Not all story submissions will be accepted for publication. Site Owner reserves the exclusive right to refuse publication at her sole discretion, edit your story as needed, remove any or all content from your story, or reject it for failing to meet our story requirements without notifying you.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
Guest Poster gives the Site Owner a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, transferable, and fully sublicensable right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, use, perform, make derivative works of, or otherwise use the story submission, Guest Poster’s name, bio statement, and likeness in any form, media or technology, now known or later developed for any other purpose including for marketing purposes.
The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be construed under and governed by (both as to validity and performance) and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas, USA, applicable to agreements made and to be performed wholly within such jurisdiction, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law or where the parties are located at the time a dispute arises.
Mediation and Arbitration
Any dispute between the Parties under this Agreement shall be first submitted to mediation and then if still unresolved to binding arbitration. Said mediation or binding arbitration shall comply with and be governed by the provisions of the laws of the State of Texas, Harris County, USA, unless the Parties stipulate otherwise.
Entire Agreement; Modifications
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with regard to the subject matter hereof, superseding all prior understandings and agreements between such parties, whether written or oral, with respect to such subject matter. The Site Owner reserves the right to amend story requirements in it sole discretion without further notice to the Guest Poster.
By submitting a story to the Site Owner, you as the Guest Poster agree that you have read all the story requirements and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have duly executed this Agreement as of the date first written above.
(SITE OWNER and GUEST POSTER signature blocks will appear here.)